German Teacher for our PYP Programme (Ages 6-11) (m/w/d)
|Anbieter:||Strothoff International School GmbH & Co|
Strothoff International School is different from other international schools in the Frankfurt area. Founded in 2009 by the local entrepreneur Hans Strothoff, our school aims to bring out the best in all its students and to provide them with the social, emotional and academic skills needed to flourish in a rapidly changing world. Only a short distance away from Frankfurt in the north and Darmstadt in the south, the school benefits from a tranquil location and active community. Establishing and maintaining strong, caring, respectful and supportive personal relationships is key to the Strothoff International School ethos. The outstanding teachers at Strothoff International School work closely with parents to focus on the individual. The supportive environment enables students to focus on the challenging task of learning, growing and developing into self-confident young adults. The school’s current enrollment is 365 students from Kindergarten to DP2.
We are seeking a fulltime German teacher to teach German as a Mother Tongue to native speaking primary students (age 5-11) and also German as a Foreign Language to some advanced language acquisition groups of the same age.
Experience and Qualities Desired
The successful applicant will be a dynamic teacher who understands the importance of being part of a department team and the faculty team as a whole. There will be opportunities for professional development within this role.
Preference will be given to teachers who have the following:
- Previous experience teaching at international schools
- Ability to use ICT for classroom and for administrative purposes, including interactive whiteboard
- Native German speaker
- German qualification of the "First State Examination", or equivalent, as the minimum qualification
- University degree in the relevant field
- Internationally recognized teaching qualification (e.g. B.Ed, PGCE)
- Minimum of two years’ teaching experience in the IB Primary Years Programme
The Search Process
Interested candidates should submit the following documents (when applicable):
- Letter of application stating your interest in the position, your teaching philosophy and the personal strength you can bring to the team
- An up-to-date CV including education, training and teaching experience
- A copy of your university diploma(s)
- A copy of your teaching certificate(s)
- A copy of IBO workshop(s)/training(s)
- A recent photograph
- Contact details of your current Head of School and whether this person may be contacted
- Contact details of two further educational referees that may be contacted immediately
Electronic submission of materials is required. Candidates should submit all information as soon as possible, in a consolidated .pdf format to: email@example.com.
Applicants are invited to visit the Strothoff-International-School website, www.strothoff-international-school.com to learn more about the School and its programmes.
We offer a highly attractive remuneration and relocation package.
Strothoff International School is an equal opportunity employer, open to ideas and people regardless of age, race, political, philosophical or religious conviction, sex, disabilities, marital status or family situation. The faculty’s international orientation and interdisciplinary profile in education help to make Strothoff International School a unique and vibrant learning community. Our staff members are required to show open-mindedness to different cultures, philosophies and lifestyles. We offer equal opportunities to all employees, thus reducing barriers and enabling our members to reach their individual potential. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
The Strothoff International School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability, or sexual orientation in the administration of its hiring, educational policy, admissions, financial aid practices, or of its athletic and other School- administered programs.