iwoca started in 2012 and was born out of the frustration that small businesses lack the access to finance they need to reach their potential. Our belief then was that technology must enable us to significantly shorten the archaic 8-week bank application process which more often than not results in a ‘no’. Nearly a decade later and we have served more than 50,000 businesses across the UK and Germany with more than £2 billion of finance. Our personal best from a business starting an application to money in the bank is 3m26s (faster than Mo Farah on 1,500 meters). It’s a good start, but it’s just the beginning.
Our mission is to finance 1 million businesses, so still, a long way to go.
Through the course of our journey, we have learned that
- SME lending is a tech play at heart - processing applications from SMEs of all shapes and sizes is very complex, and the effective use of technology is essential for doing that at scale
- Embedded finance is the future for SME lending - businesses won’t need to go to banks anymore. We’re increasingly reaching businesses by embedding our finance offering through API integrations into the SME ecosystem including online marketplaces, accountancy systems, or neobanks
- Payments and credit are converging: Many businesses have cash-flow gaps because they receive money from their customers only way after having to pay their own bills. So we want to tackle the cashflow problem by offering loans, but also tackle the problem at its root by improving payment terms.
- We must continuously innovate in order to meet more of our customers’ finance needs - we won the BCR which helped us launch iwocapay, and we're soon launching a revenue-based loan. We’re constantly evaluating new opportunities, and finding new ways that we can meet the financing needs of more small businesses.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome, where you can confidently be yourself. We understand that diversity isn't an optional add-on, it's the core ingredient of what makes us great.
We want to pay all of our employees fairly, so that’s why we regularly benchmark salaries based on market rates and to recognise your increasing value to our business. We are ideally looking to pay between €32,000- €42,000 for this role, this isn’t fixed so let us know in your application what you are looking for.
We know there may be some candidates who may not fit within this salary range, if this is the case we would still love to hear from you.
The KYC Analyst Team delivers important tasks at iwoca, that allow us to make fast, fair and pain-free lending decisions, so you will:
- Carry out the speedy and accurate processing of customer documents for loan applications
- Pre-screen potential customers, which includes verifying documents, applicants’ credit history and financial information as well as screening for PEP involvement
- Own and uphold our KYC and AML standards, identifying red flags in customer applications which might indicate potential fraud attempts, money-laundering or financial issues
- Identify opportunities to improve our processes and implement changes which will make us more efficient
- Take further ownership of your work through projects which add value and allow iwoca to reach its goals
- Work closely with our Customer Journey Executive, Credit Analyst, Broker and Account Manager Teams, in order to ensure that we maintain our high KYC and AML standards.
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have
- Native-level German
- An analytical mindset with the ability to understand, assess and improve complex processes
- Decision-making and problem solving skills
- The ability to manage and prioritise your workload
- Incredible attention to detail and the ability to spot missing data from a mile away
- A communicative personality and good team player skills - you’ll be collaborating across multiple different teams
- Capable of working autonomously
- Proactive self-starter approach, eager to be part of a young and dynamic team
- A good understanding of the fintech space in which we operate
- Experience in accounting and an understanding of German legal entities is desirable
- Motivation and desire to take on responsibility, work on projects and aid in improving our processes
- Interest in moving up the career ladder and moving to the fields of Compliance, Fraud, Quality Assurance, Credit or Data Analysis
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- 26 days holiday a year, plus all bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Due to the risk of coronavirus our team is working and also interviewing remotely. We’re still actively hiring for this positon and plan to set new employees up for success by being onboarded and also working remotely. Once, everything goes back to normal you will then be based in our Frankfurt office.